Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Wedding Recovery 101

Sleep. Many, many hours of sleep. That was my first priority after returning home from the wedding this weekend. Seriously, I am thinking of marketing a kit that people can buy for the recovery portion of a long weekend or big event. Step by step instructions on what to do to get back on your feel and feeling great again in the shortest amount of time possible.





The whole wedding weekend was a blast, so much fun and exciting and filled with joy. But it was a long weekend and it feels good to have slept, done laundry and gotten my life back in order and ready for the week.






Thursday was a whirl wind of activity. I had the meeting for the rock star dance and shopping to do for the wedding. I found a few sweaters and a great clearance deal, shoes for $5!!! I found a black pair of pumps, a brown pair and a cute brown pair of wedges. All for $5 each. You can't beat $15 for 3 pairs of shoes. I did find a few sweaters for myself, a nice white one for Rea and Valentine gifts for the munchkins.






Then I bought the Hugs and Kisses and went home to start making the favor bags. I stuffed and tied and tied and stuffed for a few hours until my fingers didn't bend any more. Then I packed and organized for the trip until 2am. Jim and I also took a quick trip to the White Castle to get a few late night burgers. Mmmm! Cali came along for the ride and got to experience true lap dog formation when Jim let her sit on his lap and hang her head out the window on the ride home. Ah! Dog heaven!






Friday early I had coffee with mom, got the kids (they spent the night) and took Cali to the Fuzzy Dog. She was so excited! She went right into the room with the other dogs and allowed them to sniff her. She seemed a bit nervous at first but she quickly became comfortable. The lady working said it is better if they come in a bit nervous since it is the dogs that come in acting tough that they need to worry about. So I left Cali in good spirits at the Fuzzy dog and went back home to get our show on the road.


















No comments:

Post a Comment