Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the buzz on the buzziness

I am little stressed right now but everything is coming together and I am confident, will fall into place nicely.

I wish I knew why I perform so well under pressure. Oh, if there were a way to really trick myself into believing I needed to meet an earlier deadline for projects.

I KNOW I would get so much (more) done.

Jenna's wedding is Saturday. Yeah, this Saturday, as in 3 days away. Ugh! How could that have crept up so silently? Just a day ago I had at least two weeks to get it all together. Now here we are just 48 hours short of leaving for the southern part of the state and I need to find a place for Cali to stay.

I had a friend, who was going to take the pup for the weekend, but her doggie is now very sick and she is unable to care for another. This, of course, is totally understandable; it just leaves me in a slight predicament for her whereabouts. It's not like she is a cat and can be left with food, water and a clean box. She really needs the love and care of a real human being. Bathroom privileges would be a plus too. Lol!

Well after a ton of calls today, I think I have secured Cal a place to stay (contingent on her behavior, say a prayer for her getting along with other canines) and it will only cost me $35 a night. I have her vaccination records and have to pick up a bag of food, but this sounds like it is the perfect solution to us making a quick get away for the weekend.

Tonight after Awana, I need to finish cutting the favor tops and bake the cupcakes.

Tomorrow, I need to stuff the bags with kisses and seal them up.

Then there is a planning meeting for the 5th grade dance we are in charge of this year. (Oh, did I mention that is in 2 weeks! Eek!) The planning meeting holds to be a fun experience though as I will be going…

Incognito!  PI Nikki, in disguise for a cause… hmmm. Let's see if I can pull off an evening of spy work for a friend. Poor G is just so done with the Jman yet, she is really dying to see or get a little glimpse of his alter ego. (i.e. Mr. Super restaurant boy! Cape and mask sold separately). I mean really, what could a waiter possibly have to stay at the place so long after closing time for? We want details and we want them now. Well, actually, we have wanted them for a few years. And, if we would have gotten them, we probably would have not been here today, laughing about how I am going to disguise myself and spy on this guy at a dance planning meeting.

I'll let you know how it goes. So between now and then and everything in between, I will definitely be a busy little bee. Buzz, buzz.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment