Wednesday, January 28, 2009

This came out of their room! Is it ENOUGH?

unbelievable that this much stuff could get piled up in the kids room! wow. we have too much stuff and really need to learn to scale back.i know i haven't posted in a while, but this month has been such a crazy time of getting back on track with life.
i don't really think any other month will be any less crazy, but after the relaxing pace of the holidays and having time off after Christmas where I really did just about nothing, getting back into the full swing of sports, school and social engagements really left me spinning. work doesn't help either. doctors say stress kills and i can see how it can take toll on people's health and well being. i am trying to find better ways of managing my stress. one of the best ways i can practice is "leave it at the door". I do not need to invite other people's problems into my family's life. i have been practicing really "being" with the kids when it is their time and really "being" at work or with God or whomever I need to focus attention on. multi-tasking has it's perks, but i have found it is not a plus in any way when it comes to relationships and people. In fact, it really is nothing  but a nasty, distracting, bad habit. It is one that I would like to focus my attention on this year and break. No more multi-tasking people.
so, along with the theme of getting some of my bad habits out of the way, i want to mention that i have picked my word for 2009. it is "enough". I have enough, i am enough, enough is enough. I think this realization came when i did take the time to help the kids clean out their room and actually saw the sheer amount of volume that came out of that tiny little room. it's almost embarrassing that 3 kids and all that stuff could fit, but they did and that was the problem. wow! so after we sorted though, donated and threw a ton of stuff away, we all feel more together, healthier and calm. Enough seemed to be a fitting word for this picture and it has prompted me to take a good look at all the other excess in my life. this year i would like to see how blessed i am to have enough of everything i need and to give praise and thanks to God for it all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment