Friday, January 2, 2009

Gina's Stuffing Recipe for a 12lb bird


Here is a stuffing recipe from my friend Gina. She makes this great mushy stuffing that is To-DIE-FOR! I know it's a little late for a stuffing recipe, but it never goes out of style and you KNOW you'll use it again. Enjoy!


8 cups regular bread or stuffing bread or croutons. (It's works out to be about 3/4's of a loaf of bread.) Wheat bread works good. I've even used rye. I use the plain ole .99 bread.


1 cup chopped celery


1/2 cup chopped onion


1/2 cup butter - 1 stick


1 tsp rubbed sage or poultry seasoning. ( I use a tsp. of each) and add more to taste if I'm in the mood. I like the added flavor.


1 tsp salt


1/2 tsp pepper


1-2 cups warm milk



Break up un-toasted bread in large bowl. Sauté butter, celery, onion, sage, salt, pepper until veges are soften. Once done, in same pan pour in to start, 1 cup of milk and blend together. Then pour over bread and mix. Use your hands, it mixes better. Add more warm milk until its to your desired texture. Then stuff that old bird. I bake any remaining stuffing in a separate pan.



Add whatever else you might like when saute' the veges. The first time you had my stuffing I added fresh chopped mushrooms as well. The second time I added (1) peeled and chopped apple. Bon Appetite!




No comments:

Post a Comment