Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fire Chief

Meet the new fire chief in town, Sgt. Caligator Calison Dalessandro. I'll have to do a bit of back tracking, but Cali is about to be an official member in the Dalessandro family. She has been with us since September 22nd, and this weekend I filled out the paperwork to complete the adoption. Cali was the dog of a soldier who was deployed to Iraq. I pray he will be able to stay stong and defend our country with pride. I wish I could let him know that the dog he had to leave behind has found a home where she is loved and cared for. I hope he knows that we are not only appreciative of his gift of a dog, but his gift of defending this great nation. Thank you soldier.
So, Cali is showing her gratitude to service by being a fire cheif this Halloween.
(side note: WHOO HOOO!!!! I FINALLY have a dog I can dress up!)
Cali is 9 mo old now and is begining to get settled into our house. We still have a long way to go in puppy training, but she is definately a smart dog and I hope will prove to become a wonderful and much needed addition to our family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment