Thursday, October 23, 2008

26.2 completed


I ran the Chicago Marathon (26.2 miles) on October 12, 2008.

Thanks for supporting my run. You are a part of bringing clean water to

Zambia, Africa through Team World Vision.

Thanks again and God Bless!


early in the morning, aka, the crack of dawn.


having fun. all smiles before 5 miles!


getting tackled by jimmy. go mom!


(now he has already asked this question 4 other times)
"Dad, when are we going to see mom again?"


here I am. 11.5 miles and still smiling. today is a good day!

oh to be small and tired.

ok, now this is really tired. the kid is sleeping on a water bottle!

where's Payton? Mile 21 and I didn't see my boy.

this is my favorite picture of the whole day. I love it!

What dedication on my family's part to stick it out for me and the kids we are helping in Africa. Blessings come in all shapes and sizes. And in all forms.

wow! I did it! My first marathon. whoo hoo!

yes. there was pain afterwards.

I couldn't wait to eat!

1 comment:

  1. Nikki congrats on your first marathon! and awesome job fundraising! thanks for running with TWV.

    ReplyDelete