Thursday, June 26, 2008

hot and sticky buns

today i felt like i was swimming during my run. there was over 50% humidity and the fog hadn't lifted when I went out this morn. it was an eerie, but strangely peaceful run. it was mysterious and calming at the same time. with each step i could feel the effort that my body had to exert to keep going, but breathing in the think air was so entrancing. it was a motivator today for me to run though the thick air and think of the poor little babies across an ocean who endure so much more every day. i wanted to stop for water, but i choose not to (knowing I was doing a short run, 3m and I would have access to it with in a half house) I wanted to make myself remember, and not forget.
after receiving the week 3 e-mail, i can't stop thinking about the "what if... you had to drink this?" I can't get the little boy's eyes out of my head. so innocent, yet so broken over something he can't control and knows of nothing different.
I am reminded of it when I feed my kids, when I fill my glass in the middle of the night, when I see people spending $ .75 to buy a bottle of water at work.
something like water, that would NEVER cross our minds as an option to not have or a problem to find is something so many people don't have, or drink dirty or need to stay alive.
i will pray for the people who need water, i will think of the people who need water and i will run for the people who need water. they deserve it as much as you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment