Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice fishing

One of my least favorite seasons is winter. There is nothing fun about freezing cold temperatures, whipping winds and blustering breezes. Brrr. I hibernate, become frozen (no pun intended) and inable to do anything outside for almost 4 months. No dog walking, running...nothing. On a very rare ocassion, I will be forcibly dragged from the comfort of my kitchen and stove outside to sled or shovel or make a snowball.
So this picture is of my mom, who became an adopted cheesehead this year and in the cold, miserable north woods, went ice fishing.
Kudos to you mom. It would have to be about 35 - 40 degrees for me to get out there, but then the ice would probably be weak and I would fall through. Then be much more cold and much more miserable. Which is a good reason to stay inside and warm.
Beautiful fish, I hope he tasted as good as he looks!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment