Friday, January 29, 2010

Simple Pleasures


When I saw the e-mail from the library yesterday that a book I placed on hold was in, I couldn't wait to get there and pick up it up. I know Jim might disagree, but it really doesn't take much to make me happy. Especially when it's a book... on food. Especially Simple Food.



I have been devouring it since yesterday. (the book, not the beef). She, Alice Waters, said you should rub your meat in salt a day (or two or three) before you cook it. For flavor. No argument there... and, always bring your meat to room temperature before you cook it or the outside will cook faster than the inside and the product will cook unevenly. Good point.




I even went out and bought a roast last night to make for breakfast today. Yes, breakfast. Sort of a lunchish, brunchish meal before the museum. People need fuel, you know?



Mmmm... Beef, it's what's for breakfast.
Sorry for no after photos, but it did come out great.
Especially with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes. So much yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment