Friday, July 31, 2009

Operation Organization: My Pantry


I found a really realistic organizing challenge that I am going to be participating in for the next 8 weeks. I am excited to know that I am going to tackle many of the "dirty laundry" spaces that I have to live with every day.
Some of them are 'lack of space' places where things just get shoved because there is too many items to fit in the confines.
Others are lazy places that people just pile things on because they know they can and since we are so busy, they know until mom is fed up enough, they don't have to pick up and things just get dumped.
So over the next 8 weeks, I am going to commit to taking on 1 organizing project and posting the results on Friday. There are sooo many things I would love to get in order so picking my first 8 will be the hard part. lol I have learned that I am much better at focusing when I realistically plan and write things out. It helps me to break things down into smaller goals where I can see the to-do's step by step and feel accomplished when I achieve them.
So, (drum roll), for my first project, I am going to post my newly organized pantry.
I want to look through some old pics since I didn't take a before shot, but I am so happy with the after, I really don't want to remember the before. The new layout makes it easier for the kids to get the dishes, cups and bowls they need and get snacks and lunch items since school is right around the corner.

Here is Melinda's blog, which you have to check out:
Coming Clean: Confessions of an Imperfect Parent and her 8 weeks to organized boot camp.
http://parentingconfessions.blogspot.com/2009/07/operation-organization-battle-for-order.html


No comments:

Post a Comment